Sunday, November 16, 2008

I want to be a Mime when I grow up

My daughter has this bad habit of waking up before 5 am and refusing to go back to sleep! I can barely function enough to make a pot of coffee at 4:45 am, especially after being up all night with her.
Yesterday I cleaned the room, picked everything up off the floor and checked for any little chokables or other dangers that I might have missed. Clear. So, I figured this morning it would be okay to turn on PBS, put some toys out for her and lie back down (we are sharing a room right now, so I was right there). About 30 minutes later I heard her laughing and thought I would see what cute thing she was laughing at.

OH MY GOD....

She looked up at me with the biggest smile I have ever seen and giggled. The first thought that came to my mind was, Is it possible that a mime broke in and painted my daughter's face?!

She had somehow managed to pull the industrial size tub of Balmex down, not tube but TUB, unscrew the top and paint her face, carpet, my clothes and the pack and play with a thick, greasy layer. This wasn't just a thin layer she used almost the entire tub, and the majority was covering her adorable, little face. Even her eyelashes were completely white. It literally looked like she was preparing for a mime performance.

When I brought her in the bathroom to put her in tub, she caught a glimpse of her reflection in the mirror, and a look of horror came across her face, which was immediately followed by hysterical laughter. I considered taking a picture so I could show her later in life, but I decided it would be best not to let anyone else see this disaster!

I guess from now on I will just have to set my coffee pot to brew at 4:30 am and just suck it up!


9 comments:

MaricrisG said...

This just makes me laugh! It was a picture I was in 4 years ago. Having a baby is definitely a "wondrous" experience and discovering your hidden strengths and "weaknesses". I wish you're title will be different soon! :)

WheresMyAngels said...

That is just hysterical! My 4 year old a year ago, took all my glue bottles and poured them on the carpet in my bedroom, I discovered it over a day later :0

Rebecca said...

Oh no! HAHAHA!
Over from SITS!

Grand Pooba said...

Ha! You should have got a picture, how funny!

Aubrey said...

Oh My Goodness! I got a good laugh out of your post. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha! And you didn't take a picture in this moment of horror?!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my, I remember those days. They are hard. I'm glad you can still laugh so early in the morning. Hope the early morning phase passes quickly.

Rachel said...

i am right there with ya sister. 4:50 am wake up this morning. holla!

noah, however did nothing so cute as to paint his face. he just cried, demanded "ba-ba" and then pooped....

Green V-Neck said...

OMG! Girl, we have all been there, in some form or another. Can't remember where I clicked on you, but it was from another mom blog. Glad to "meet" you.